If the form you need is not listed here, please contact the Graduate College.

NOTE: Some browsers will not properly align entered data in these PDF forms. We recommend that instead of letting the browser open a PDF, you download the PDF (right-click and choose Save Link As or Save File As) and open it in Adobe Reader.

Admissions Forms

Change of Status

For students making a change to their program of study.

Curricular Update Forms

Curricular Update Form

For programs making a curricular change to their degree requirements.

Plan of Study Forms

For master's students

For doctoral students

To change a submitted Plan of Study

Committee Member Information and Request

Exam Request and Updates

'Old' Exam Report Forms

Certificate Administration

Degree Audit Curriculum Exception Request

Funding Application/Award

Degree Completion

  • Graduation Checklist
  • Application for Graduate College Degree: Degree applications for all students are available on MyUI. Log in with your ID and password and click on "Student Information" at the top. The degree application is under "Student Life Management".
  • All Ph.D. candidates complete the Online Survey of Earned Doctorates
  • All Ph.D candidates will be emailed an Exit Survey

Degree Application Cancellation

  • If a student has applied to graduate and needs to cancel the application, the department should e-mail gradcoll@uiowa.edu for assistance.

Post-Comprehensive Registration Petition

MFA hard copy thesis INFORMATION

Remote Defense guidelines