If you need technical support, please contact email@example.com or the IT consultant assigned to your unit listed below. For web (Drupal) related assistance, please contact Sean Adams-Hiett (319-335-2215). All other IT related inquiries should go to Andy Jenkins (319-353-2321).
|Department||IT Support Staff (Assigned)||IT Support Staff (Primary Backup)||IT Support Staff (Secondary Backup)|
|Center for the Book - North Hall||Terry Tharp||Dallas Petersen||Peter Franke|
|Center for the Book - Oakdale||Terry Tharp||Dallas Petersen||neighborhood|
|Dean's Office - GILH||Terry Tharp||Dallas Petersen||Bryan Ringen|
|Informatics||Peter Franke/Brian Ringen||Peter Franke/Brian Ringen||Michael Chia|
|Interdisciplinary Grad Programs - BB||Erik Billeci||Kris Thompson||David Henson|
|Interdisciplinary Grad Programs - MRC||Josh Johnson||Bryan Ringen||Trent Petersen|
|International Writing Program - SHSE||Terry Tharp||Dallas Petersen||Michael Ciha|
|School of Library & Information Science - LIB||Mike Hendrickson||John Winget||Brian Bacher|
|School of Planning and Public Affairs - JH||Nick Carino-Marek||Brian Bacher||Dallas Petersen|
|University of Iowa Press - KH||Griffin Idleman||Andrew Evans||Mike Hendrickson|
|Virtual Writing University - LIB||Mike Hendrickson||Terry Tharp||Brian Bacher|
- ITS Helpdesk
- Computer Purchase
- Software Download
- Office 365 - access your University email and applications like Word, Excel, and Powerpoint online
- HawkID website - change your hawkid password or if you have forgotten your password, you can reset i
- Virtual Desktop and Virtual Desktop Support - access programs and the University network without having to VPN and then Remote Desktop.
- LinkedIn Learning - for video tutorials on how to use everything from Outlook, Word, Excel and Access to Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Files@Iowa - Depending on whether or not you are on or off-campus or connected to the domain or not, there are multiple way to connect to your home drive and the shared drive.
- Listserve Management
- University of Iowa Information Technology Policies
- DIY - use the PowerUp tool to remotely start your Windows desktop machine at work
- VPN - remotely connect to campus network to access home drive or other on-campus resources
- Open Remote Desktop Connection on your home computer and type in the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of your work computer (ex: grad-s002.iowa.uiowa.edu)
The Graduate College provides support for Drupal-based websites for associated departments and programs. Each department or program is entitled to at least one website. Additional sites will need to be approved on a case-by-case basis.
What type of support is provided?
- Provisioning and setup of your website.
- Custom functionality, as support capacity allows.
- Training on the use for the U of I Drupal platform.
- We may be able to assist with content as time allows.
What we expect of our site owners
- Content editing - you are are the content owner and are responsible for its creation and keeping it up-to-date. We may be able to assist in a crunch, but you should plan on having the resources available to manage content within your own organization.
- User management - Each site should have at least one person within the organization who is assigned to the "Webmaster" role. This person has the ability to add and remove users from from other available roles, such as "Content editor," and "Publisher."
Why are you not able to fulfill my support request?
The web services team is currently engaged in an effort to migrate all Drupal 7 sites into the Drupal 8/9 platform. This is a very labor-intensive process that takes up a lot of the available time we might normally have to provide more support. If your request is for tasks related to what you are expected to be able to handle, we will likely respond with an offer of clarification about how the task can be completed or additional training. If your request is for custom functionality, we will add it to our backlog of work and prioritize it as we have the capacity to do so. Mission critical requests will get higher priority.